Sunday, May 3, 2009

The End is in Sight

In a week, Alexander turns 4, and I graduate! It's crazy to think that 4 years have gone by so quickly. Alexander was only 3 months old when I went back to school. Justin was finishing up his last year of school, and I was starting my first year of grad school. Oh the joys of having a new baby and living on student loans! I'm so glad that part of my life is over.

I will be forever indebted to my mom and my family for babysitting Alexander so much over the past 4 years. I couldn't have gotten through school without all the support from my family. Sometimes Alexander will tell you he has two moms, me and my mom. I won't tell you which one of us he likes best.

When I was pregnant with Alexander, after I found out that he was a boy, I was so upset and disappointed that I almost cried. But I couldn't have asked for a better baby. Somehow, I lucked out and got the easiest, most mellow little boy, which really helped, since it wasn't easy being in school with a new baby.

I'm looking forward to working part-time after I graduate so that I can spend a little more time with Alexander before I have to send him off to school next year. He's definitely been a good sport through the past 4 years.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good little mom. I am so proud of you and excited for you to graduate. I can truly say that because I know what it is like to have a work/school life, of course it was Eric going but still. I can't wait to see you guys. Congrats!

Thierry said...

Wow, I can't imagine being in school with a baby! All your hard work and sacrifice is paying off now... Congratulations! That is so incredible!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Uh-oh sounds like somebody is ready for a baby again!! Just cuz life is calming down now and it's time to throw some crazy in there and stir the pot. You did luck out with a good lil guy, but your a great mom and you have done a wonderful job balancing it all through those 4 years. A huge Congrats to you for graduating what an amazing accomplishment. I'm proud to call you my sister-in-law!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

Yeah! Almost done. Thats so exciting. I cant even begin to think there is an end in sight to school- I guess when I need a little life me up ill just come back to your post and remember it will end one day :) Oh and I love love loveee your ring! So beautiful

LJ said...

Yay!! Congrats! Im excited for you!! Good job.

Jared and Laura said...

Congratulations!!! Now do you prefer to be called Dr. Horn, or will Mary Leigh still be okay?;)

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights