Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Escapes Disaster


All of you who were feeling bad for Alexander because he has a heartless mom who won't let him believe in Santa can relax now. My mom and grandma convinced me that the North Pole shouldn't be struck by any natural disasters or tragic accidents this year. So against my better judgment, thanks to grandma and great-grandma, Santa will most likely give the little guy the ONE thing he asked for.

With all our arguing about the existence of Santa, every time Alexander is going to sit in his lap now, he anxiously asks, "Is this the real Santa or the fake Santa?" I had to tell him to stop talking about it in the Santa line since I'm sure the other parents wouldn't exactly appreciate us ruining it for their kids. Next year, though, if he hasn't been enlightened/disillusioned by his kindergarten buddies, I will have to come up with a more creative strategy. Maybe Santa will just get sick and die of old age before next Christmas. Then that tombstone picture will come in handy.

4 comments:

Gary and Mauri said...

OK, so I did comment on your last post, but somehow I deleted it before hitting enter...or something. Anyway, I find it all very amusing. I love that kids will believe what they want, regardless of our efforts to persuade them otherwise. I am glad that Santa will still be around this Christmas, though :)

We definitely do need to get together sometime soon. Maybe after the holidays when reality sets back in!

Merry Christmas to the Horn family!!!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

oh good, glad to hear that
lil Anner gets to still belive this year. Hope he gets a few more years after this one too :)

Jared and Laura said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad the lil' guy is getting his Star Wars helmet. Alexander's a smart one, I think it's going to take more than a "death of Santa" to get him to no longer believe in Santa.

Heather said...

You are so funny! Glad that everything is going to work out.

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights