Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


While Alexander had his costume picked out months ago, I wasn't planning to dress up. Then, since Justin had to work tonight, I decided spur of the moment to take Alexander to a church Halloween party instead of trick-or-treating door to door. Unfortunately, I had no costume. I thought, "Well, I have a black dress and leggings. All I need is a witch hat, and I'll have my costume." Half an hour before the party I was madly trying to find a witch hat. Of course I know better than to wait until the last minute to try to pull a costume together. But I thought I could at least find one witch hat. Not so. I went to 3 stores who were all out. So after rummaging through Alexander's toy box, I found some zebra (not cat, in case that's what you thought they were) ears. Since I come from a family of painters, there is a never-ending supply of masking tape on hand, and it came in handy tonight. I made some quick stripes, and we were off to the party. Maybe next year I'll plan ahead.



Now that Iron Man has his candy stash for the night, we are going to watch a good chick flick and drink peppermint tea by ourselves.

6 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Well aren't you all the cutest Halloween crew I've ever seen?? I Love the Zebrs tights way to think on your toes girl! I bet Anner was pumped to be Ironman! He looks soo cool! And very buff for a 3 year old! Wish we could have gotten these two together for trick-or-treating. I think Ella loves candy just as much as Alexander!!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

wow... I wish I could look that good after throwing together a costume! You look awesome.

Jared and Laura said...

Your costume was pretty sweet...you'll have to remember that for next year. Wish I was drinking peppermint tea right now.

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

I stoped by again to say how cute you looked! haha.. I think ill try your outfit this weekend while in Vegas. I wouldnt stand out as much! :)

glo said...

Oh my embarrassing! I forgot your birthday!

Awesome zebra costume, btw...and iron man looked wicked cool.

Anonymous said...

Oh MaryLeigh, I LOVE it! You are a cute mom!

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights