Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Fall...


...Or at least I'm trying to be happy about the fact that summer is over. Fall would be fine if winter wasn't right on its heels. I'm not really into Halloween, and I don't ever decorate for it, but I decided it would be fun to put up a few things this year, especially since Alexander has been looking forward to Halloween and trick-or-treating for a while now.

So I started by copying my friend's great idea and making an inexpensive Halloween wreath out of a vine wreath and a feather boa. Then Alexander and I took a trip to the dollar store to rummage through their decorations. We found some cute things and had fun putting them up together. In the picture of my front door, you will notice the orange pumpkin on one side and the two tiny squash on the other side. I wanted the squash over by the pumpkin, but Alexander insisted that the squash had to be on the other side.

All this fall decorating made me crave pumpkin cookies, so we finished off the day by making them. And yes, they tasted as good as they look. When Justin got home, Alexander asked him if he liked the Halloween decorations. Justin said, "I'm not really a big fan of Halloween." Alexander replied, "Well, I'm a big fan."

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

That's right Justin!! You have to make hoildays fun for your little kids, it's what makes memories for them! I like the skeleton, we have the same one (it's from my mom:) I'm glad your getting into the spirit of things. I always have to twist Dan's arms but he eventually comes around!

Gold-E said...

LOVE the orange addition you added to the wreath. Very spirited! Your display looks great and go Alexander for being a fan and telling it like it is!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

haha... What a cute little boy you have. I cant get over how adorable he is! Whats up with your family and all your beauty :) Your wreath is awesome. I really love your creativity.

LJ said...

Mmmm yummy, I'm not really a fan of pumpkin cookies, but those look extremely tasty =). That's good you decorated, especially since Alaxander IS a big fan of it ;)

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights