
I read something by a woman who was talking about how it's nice to get flowers when you're single because they're free (to you), but once you're married, it's not quite the same. Of course I like getting flowers, but I'm always torn between wanting Justin to have to make an effort for the sake of making an effort and thinking, "Hmm...that's a lot of pairs of
shoes/shirts/whatever that I could have bought myself instead," when I know he had to spend double or triple the normal cost of flowers just to get them for Valentine's Day. So we usually keep it simple.
I don't really like the whole forced lovey-dovey thing about Valentine's Day, but I do like all the cute pink decorations and desserts. Today Alexander and I are going to try our hand at making banana bombes and wallow in chocolate. Hope you are all doing something fun! I wish we could share the chocolate with you.










1 comment:
Now I think your activity sounds much better than flowers- haha. I totally agree with you. I would love my hubby to go all out and plan a great getaway but then I realize the cost and think- Ill just stay at home and buy a new outfit or fix something around the house the has been broken for months. This year we went away- Although we had a wonderful time. I cant help but go home after 1 night and wonder what else I should/could have bought with that $$. I guess once in a while its better to spoil yourself and your hubby with very unnecessary items!
Post a Comment