Briefly, here is what we've been up to:
We went to Georgia and spent about a week with Justin's family and my extended family before Christmas. It was nice to see everyone, and now Alexander thinks Christmas means days and days of opening gifts.
While we were in Atlanta, we took Alexander to the aquarium, where he got to see lots of amazing sea creatures.
After the holidays, I had to take my board exam for audiology. It was one of those frustrating exams where even if I had studied more, I never would have found the ridiculous, trivial facts they asked about. Probably a group of high and mighty professors got together, wrote the most wordy questions possible, and tried to think of the least known facts that they could ask about audiology. One example was, "According to the something something Board of Otolaryngology (which I have never even heard of), the good ear is how many times more important than the poor ear?" My options were something like 2 times, 3 times, 5 times, 7 times, or 10 times. First of all, who really gives a @#$% whether the good ear is twice as important or seven times as important as the poor ear?! You still have one good ear and one bad ear, and it doesn't change the solution to the problem.
Anyway, I had 2 hours to answer 120 questions, most of which were just as obscure and frustrating as the one I just mentioned. I usually do well on exams, so I know it's a bad sign when I'm half-way through the exam, and I don't even know if I've correctly answered any of the questions. To make matters worse, it takes a month to get our scores back. In this age of technology and scantrons, I can't imagine how it could really take a month to get the scores. But apparently it does. Basically, it ruined my month because I can't stop thinking about the fact that I probably failed the exam, and I only have one more chance to take it before I graduate, and I have no idea how I would even improve my score! I'm supposed to get my score sometime this next week, so cross your fingers for me.
The other thing which has occupied our time is, we may be buying a new house. I love the house, and I really hope it all works out. But I'm trying not to let myself be too excited because who knows what will happen in this rotten economic climate. Justin has a really good job right now, but with so many people around us losing their jobs, it's hard to feel optimistic about the future. It's a hard decision to make because this is a great time to buy, but not if we don't have jobs.
Needless to say, the past month has been kind of stressful. I guess if you don't hear from me for a while after this, it means I failed my exam and I'm having to spend every waking minute trying to predict what random audiology facts I will have to know when I retake the exam in a month.










5 comments:
Here is too a fabulous February! I am rooting for you! :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed and send good energy your way.! That is so exciting about the new house! Soooo very jealous about the fact that you all will get a brand new house, but way happy for you all too! I hope everything goes through for you (I know it will:) You have had quite a month. I'm with Sarah, hopefully february will be your month!!
Ill be thinking lots about you. I hope everything works out great with both your test and the house! It was great to get a lil update.
I'm sure you passed. That is so ridiculous that they make you wait so long to find out. But I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed.
Fingers are crossed for you! Sorry it's been so stressful!! It just means the good and happy days are going to be that much better for you!! That's cool about the house, (fingers crossed on that too). It's nice to see some new pictures and read some of your thoughts again!
Post a Comment