Happy Father's Day to all of you who are dads. I am grateful for my dad and all that he has done for me. When my siblings and I were young, he took us on all kinds of adventures. We did anything from sleeping in snow igloos in the front yard to hiking Mt. Timpanogos to riding the Greyhound bus for 3 days to get to our vacation on Martha's Vineyard. Life with my dad wasn't just all about adventures, though.
He has always had a strong work ethic, and he taught us the value of hard work. To put it nicely, we were not always appreciative of that lesson. Anyone who knows my family knows that my dad probably broke just about every child labor law in the books. To our great frustration growing up, my dad always moved from one big idea/project to the next. We wished he could have normal "dad" projects like lawn care and car maintenance. That was never to be. My dad's projects were simple little things like building a bomb shelter in the backyard. While our friends were out playing and enjoying a carefree summer, my brothers and I spent hours of our precious days piling never-ending shovelfulls of dirt on the unfinished bomb shelter. However, looking back, whether we were planning for the next exciting adventure with my dad or cursing his name because of all the work he was making us do, I always knew how much he loved us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
You guys are perfect results of having an unconventional dad. You all have better work ethics then enyone I know! I'm enviouse of your families un-selfishness and willingness to help each other with no questions asked. I think he did a great job of raising some pretty great kids! Love you all!!
Post a Comment