Saturday, June 14, 2008

Walmart--the Unhappiest Place on Earth

Even with its hard-to-beat variety of goods, there is one thing I've never found at Walmart--and that is a short line at the checkout, not even at midnight on a weekday when the rest of the sane world should be at home in bed. After waiting in the checkout line for half an hour to pay for groceries it took me ten minutes to gather up, I have decided I am never shopping at Walmart again. I hate shopping there, anyway. Besides the fact that I feel guilty giving my business to a company that treats its employees so poorly, I have never seen so many unhappy-looking people in one place, short of maybe the DMV. I'm making myself sound like a total snob here, but seriously, I don't know where they all come from and why I never see them anywhere else. Why do they all shop at Walmart? I don't think Walmart's prices are THAT low. The horrid florescent warehouse lights and never-ending beeping of checkout scanners certainly doesn't add to the shopping experience, either. Walmart's slogan is, "Save money. Live better." Judging from the appearance of its customers and its employees, the living better part is very questionable. If this is what living better looks like, I don't want any part of it.

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I'm a walmart snob too!! I have some friends that love it. But when go, I always want to get the heck outta there!! Now Target on the other hand....I could stay there for hours. There IS a big differance!

Gold-E said...

You couldn't have said it better. I call it a diversity shopping experience-and it's the same in every Wal-Mart not matter where in the country you go. I've learned recently (this past Saturday, as a matter of fact) the best time to go is at 7 AM. NO LINES. Who knew?

EB said...

I would rather pay double than ever set foot in a Walmart! I can't stand that dump!!

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights