Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Latest Project



Recently I decided to learn to crochet. I sort of learned a tiny bit years ago, and I liked it until I decided that I was too hip for little old granny projects like covered hangers (no offense to grannies). When I announced that I was going to pick up crocheting, my brother said, "Well, you are getting to THAT age."

In spite of the fact that I had relegated crocheting to the "Outdated Granny" and "Thank You,That's So Lovely (but it's going straight to DI, and why did you pick those hideous colors?!)" part of my brain, I have come to realize that not all crocheted items fit into those two categories. So now I'm just trying to decide if I should do the matching toilet seat and Kleenex box covers in peach or mauve. No, really I have noticed that there are some especially cute hats for little girls, so I decided to make one for Madeline. Never mind the fact that she hates hats.

After watching several YouTube tutorials and ending up with something that would fit a head the size and shape of a cucumber, I finally found one I could follow. I was actually quite pleased with the results. Madeline detests her hat, so I guess for her, it may as well be a toilet seat cover, but I think she looks adorable in it.





3 comments:

Heather said...

Good job! That hat looks amazing! I try and crochet a scarf and it always starts to curve. Madeline looks adorable in it! Even if she doesn't want to wear it.

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

To ADORABLE! she looks soo stinkin cute! I wanna squish her! LOVE the coat to. Too bad she dosen't like hats b/c she looks like a doll in it.

Jared and Laura said...

Gosh. What AREN'T you good at?! JK:) Your little hat is perfect! I want to learn...got all this free time on my hands now.

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights