Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Joys of Potty-Training


Since I finished my internships for this year, I have had a little more free time; so I am finally trying to potty-train Alexander. I always swore that when he turned 18 months I would potty-train him because I absolutely hate changing diapers. Obviously, I have had to eat my words since he is almost 3 and still not completely diaper-free. He has done great with "number 1", but it has been a little more frustrating with "number 2". He knows how all the plumbing works, but he would rather go off in the corner than do his business in the toilet. At first Alexander was excited to wear real undies, but the novelty of that soon wore off. Unfortunately, he doesn't have many of those left since we prefer to let the garbage man take care of dirty undies. Some of you more frugal readers might agree with my mom that it's a waste, but at $1.50 or so a pair, I would much rather dispose of them than clean them. Anyway, we have had to resort to the big guns in the bribery department. The latest bribery tactic, taking Alexander miniature golfing, seems to have been a better motivator, although we have yet to see how long it will last.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Oh Little Anner and his love for mini golf. That is so cute that mini golf worked more then candy!! I think Anner would be hard to potty train because he is so smart he just figures the it is easier to just "go" in the conner then wast his time going to the potty. I think I would just throw the undies away too, yucky!

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights