What kind of weather do you think you could expect in a desert surrounded by mountains? You are probably thinking, or at least I was, warm or hot days with cold nights. Now, think about 1 month of Spring, 2 months of Fall, 3 months of summer, and 6 months of Winter. Now, in my book that is 6 months too many of Winter. I do enjoy a little bit of the snow but that enjoyment is short lived. The good thing here is the abundance of outdoor activities.
I just purchased a mountain bike to try to take advantage of the outdoor activities. Some of you know about my experience last summer. It involved me mostly hiking up a mountain bike trail with a bike and crashing twice on the way down; near the peak. I, then, hiked back down most of the trail. Maybe I am crazy but I want to try again. Hopefully, round two will prove to be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
OK, that totally made me laugh, but only because I just had a flash back from the last time I rode my Mountain Bike, wrecked and walked partway back down that trail. I've got some ugly scars on my knees from that bike!
Good for you not to give up, but when you go again, if it's not your thing, don't sweat, there are many outdoor sports to enjoy! In fact maybe we could do a cross country ski day during our one of 6LONG, no, WAY TO LONG months of winter next year!
Post a Comment