
Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ~Pearl S. Buck
There were times when I got plenty of both from my mom, but I'm sure she has given me many more kisses and much fewer scoldings than I deserved. As a side note, I have to say she was always fair about the scoldings. In a family of eleven kids, it wasn't always easy to remember which child was supposed to get the spank. If she accidentally spanked the wrong child, she gave that child a "spanking credit" which exempted him or her from a spank the next time it was deserved. I can remember a few close calls when she was just on the verge of spanking someone until he/she yelled, "Remember, Mom! You said I had a spanking credit!!" But I think my siblings would all agree that we couldn't have asked for a better mother. After all, who really wants to be pregnant for 99 months out her life, let alone take care of the little twerps once they're born?
Thank you to all you mothers and grandmothers who have shown us love in so many ways! You make our lives so much easier.










1 comment:
You guys do have a wonderful mother! I'm so glad she is my mother in law! I think Alexander is lucky to have you as his mommy too!
Post a Comment