Thursday, May 29, 2008

More Rainy Days

I'm being a complainer today, but the past couple days have been pretty blah days. Yesterday Alexander was sick, so we had to scramble to work out the babysitting situation in the morning before work. There's nothing like waking up in the morning to a little person standing by your bed saying, "Mommy, I throwed up." Justin was nice enough to get it all cleaned up so that I could get ready for work.

Today it's my day off. I was really hoping to lounge in the sun by the pool. The pool at our condo opened this weekend, which is something Alexander and I have been waiting for all month. Out of desperation, we did go dip our feet in the cold water for about 2 minutes, but that's the extent of our pool fun so far. This cold, rotten, rainy weather is really putting a damper on my outdoor plans! I'm so annoyed!

Since my pool plans are out for the day, I guess I'll move down to the even more exciting plan #2 on my list, which is to try to find a better mop/thing/whatever to clean our dark laminate wood floors. I love the color, but EVERYTHING shows on the floor. It takes a good hour to clean it, and it actually looks clean for about 15 minutes. Since I get so little return for my time, it then takes at least 3 weeks to motivate myself to do it again. If you have kids, don't ever get a floor this color. You see every greasy little footprint, handprint, drip, smudge, crumb, etc. It's like a slug trail. I can trace every move Alexander has made on the floor.

Anyway, since I can't think of anything interesting to write, here are some of Alexander's entertaining quotes from the week. This weekend we were very sad because Jared's 12-year-old niece passed away in a car accident as the family was driving here to visit. (Jared is our brother-in-law.) Alexander heard us talking about it, so the next time he saw Jared, he said in a very solemn voice, "Jared, did your knees die?" It made us want to laugh and cry at the same time.

When my mom was talking with Alexander about all the sports he's "good" at, he said,"...and baseball and soccer and golfing and trick-or-treating". Looks like he just loves the sport of trick-or-treating, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I went all pro at the trick-or-treating 5k! I bet Alexander is quite the professional trick-or-treater!! It could count as a sport?? Love my little wormster!

EB said...

I love those Halloween pics! This past year, I ended up with about 4 or 5 different costumes for Gaelyn b/c she REFUSED to wear anything I bought, that monkey suit was one of them. Finally, on the day before Halloween, I found this ridiculous pink leopard zip-up suit that for some reason she decided was o.k. :)

Gold-E said...

"I'm so annoyed!" I can hear you say it. You're funny and Alexander seems like a very entertaining kid.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya on those awful dark floors. We have black and white tiles in our kitchen. Talke about disaster. I have to mop every couple of days it get's so bad with three kids! AHHHHHH! What were they thinking?

So, for the pool, we're pool loving junkie's fishing for an invite any day you have time to lounge around a bit and maybe eat lunch! Ü

Alexander

ML's Family

Justin's Family

Vineyard Highlights